Boldly

One of my favorite verses from the Bible is the NIV translation of Acts 28:31. "Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ." I try to make that the moto of my life. And, as Paul was bold in everything he did, I also try to be bold in all aspects of my life. Today was one of those days.

Tuesday is a regular day off for me and I have two regular activities I paraticipate in each Tuesday. One is a small ministry group at church called From My Heart to Your Hear. The other is donating plasma. Both activities, though worthwhile, normal require very little effort on my part. But today was different.

When I woke up today San Antonio was in the middle of Tropical Storm Hermine. The wind was blowing hard with gusts over 45 mph, and the rain was coming down in drops as big as my thumb. I do not own a car and, therefore, I have to walk and ride the bus everywhere I go. So traveling today required me to be bold.

I could have been timid. I could have allowed the weather to intimidate me. But I think of all the things Paul lists in 2 Corinthians 11:24-29, and realize that strong winds and heavy rain is little trouble to someone who is made bold by the Holy Spirit. And it is He who makes me able to go out in the storm to write cards of inspiration to people with cancer. He puts the words to write in my head. That is not of me. And it is He who gives me the good health and strong immune system to share with others who are weak and afflicted with illness. That is not me. It is God through Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit that makes me to be bold in the face of storms, both physical and spiritual.

So, boldly and without being hindered by the weather, I went out and tried to be a witness of God's grace and glory in Christ, my Lord. And it was a good day. Praise God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faithless Church-Goers

Jewish Resistance to the Gospel

The Navigator