Born Again by Christ Jesus

In The New Testament of the Bible we find the story of a man named Lazarus. (John 11:1-44)
Lazarus had been sick, so his death was not unexpected; but, still his sisters, Mary and Martha, were very said. They were friends of Jesus, and when he showed up four days later they told Him that if He had been there Lazarus would not have died. Verse 35 simply says, "Jesus wept."

From 1974 to 2004 I was a very sick person. I was an alcoholic and drug addict. I was psychologically disturbed, emotionally unstable, depressed and paranoid. I did not have anything resembling a real life. I was truly dead. I did not live, but merely existed.

In October of 2004 I decided I just could not go on any longer. I hated everything about my existence. I just wanted it to end. That is when I cried out to God. I took responsibility for my situation and asked Him to forgive me for being such a stupid, obnoxious person. And then I asked God to take my life away. I wanted to be rid of all of it. And God responded to my plea with His grace.

At that point, as with the dead Lazarus, Jesus came to me. Jesus cleansed me of all the filth that had dominated my life, and healed me of all my afflictions. The me who had been died, and a brand new me was born. I was, as Saint Paul says, a new creation in Christ Jesus. As with Lazarus, Jesus was not there when I died, but He came to me and gave me life. A great new life filled with abundant peace, love and joy. Praise God. Thank you Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faithless Church-Goers

Jewish Resistance to the Gospel

The Navigator